Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Another point of view

Petra, my partner and fellow mine-explorer, recently gave this blog a make-over. I thought that this would be a good time to feature some of her photos, which I always reckon are much better than mine.


This one was from our visit to Hendre Ddu, in Cwm Pennant. As we've got better lights and equipment now, I am keen to get back there soon.


She calls this one "One Track Mine" ; it's at our favourite location, Cwt-y-Bugail.


The Barracks at Cwmorthyn, of course. Shots of this are ten a penny, but I think this one has something of the special atmosphere Blaenau poet Gwyn Thomas describes, when he calls Cwmorthyn the "Cup of Loneliness".


 The rough and rocky road to Bwlch-y-Plwm lead mine, another place that is close to home. Petra's photos can be found on her photo blog here.


The Maestro herself.

3 comments:

Mark A said...

I love the image of Cwmorthin. I can hear the wind and smell the dampness of the place. What makes it special I think is the terrific sense of movement in the clouds, which emphasises the stillness and solitude of the landscape. Even after 20 or so years of serious photography, I am still surprised how poor weather often makes for the best landscape photographs.

lustrebox said...

Loving the new look for the blog. Congratulations to Petra on a nice job with the design!

And lovely photos too! My favourite is the 'The rough and rocky road to Bwlch-y-Plwm lead mine' — wonderful textures and composition.

Iain Robinson said...

Thanks very much, Mark and Graham. Petra says thank you, too. At least with the dreich weather there's not so much chance of blown whites!

Glad you liked the new-look blog, Graham!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...