Tuesday, 22 May 2012

A nice surprise


I don't really rate myself as a photographer. When I see other folks' blogs and the amazing photos they take, or indeed those of my talented better half, Petra, I realise how far I have to go. So it was a very nice surprise to see my photo above as photo of the month on AditNow...thanks, guys!  The photo was taken at the crimp of the engine house incline of the Rhiwbach quarry, just where the Rhiwbach tramway comes to meet it.  Petra had just taken a photo looking down the incline, and I thought she might provide scale and a note of delicacy to the gloomy proceedings.
As you can see, it was a filthy day, one where I would normally keep my little Samsung camera deep in a plastic bag in my coat pocket. But I'm glad I took this one.

4 comments:

geotopoi said...

Well done, Iain!

Iain Robinson said...

Thanks, Graham!

Chameleon said...

Well done, Iain. I think your photos are great!

Iain Robinson said...

Thank you, David!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...