Sunday, 23 September 2012

Mono Memories


Here are a couple of photos from Petra's collection. I found two that I had forgotten about, but which bring back very happy memories. The header shot was taken a few years ago in the large open chamber at Cwt-y-Bugail. (North twll, C2.) My daughter Sam is to the left and I'm taking a photo in the background. It brings out the size and atmosphere of the place far better than any of my shots. To the right, out of shot, is the crosscut to C3 and 4. The water is usually cold underground, but I have never experienced water as cold as in the adit here. This was in summer, too. We're going back to take some shots of C4 soon, with our improved lighting rig. I think I'll be wearing two pairs of wet socks!!

The second shot was taken at Graig Ddu on the slopes of Manod, underneath the vast Manod Quarry. I'm walking out into a blinding hailstorm...obviously I'm a glutton for punishment!


4 comments:

geotopoi said...

Those are superb shots! Wonderful monochrome work from Petra.

Iain Robinson said...

Thanks very much, Graham!

workbike said...

Love the images. I remember going caving in Japan a couple of years back and the joy of being in a water cooled cave albeit with carefully marked paths, guard rails and babbling tourists with flash guns. At least there wasn't a fluffy mascot.

Iain Robinson said...

Sounds lovely, Andy. We were in a show mine recently and I reckoned that it would be fine to have lights rigged through the mines we explore! I'll pass on the babbling tourists, though! Glad you liked Petra's photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...